Alison E. Geddes
Property Management and Leasing
Alison Geddes is an attorney in Trainor Fairbrook’s Property Management and Litigation Departments. Her primary area of practice is commercial property management and real property litigation. Ms. Geddes understands the business of commercial property ownership and management. She works with clients to achieve results consistent with their business objectives. Ms. Geddes provides advice and counsels clients regarding all aspects of property management.
Ms. Geddes’ commercial property management experience includes assisting owners and managers of retail, industrial, office and mixed-use property. She is knowledgeable at all aspects of lease enforcement, including the analysis of compliance with lease obligations, the preparation and service of default notices to tenants, unlawful detainer litigation, breach of lease litigation and abandonment of leased property and tenants’ personal property within leased premises. Ms. Geddes assists clients with disputes regarding CAM charges and NNN leases. She also enforces judgments awarded in favor of Trainor Fairbrook’s clients by locating and levying upon assets including bank accounts and real property as well as utilizing other judgment enforcement mechanisms.
- Represents national REITs holding more than 1 million square feet of retail and mixed use commercial real estate in Northern California with lease disputes, evictions, lease enforcement and obtaining and enforcing judgments.
- Successfully negotiated settlement agreement following a tenant’s abandonment of leased property wherein individual lease guarantors paid the landlord an amount equivalent to more than 21 monthly rent payments.
- Negotiated a lease termination agreement with a national restaurant chain tenant in which the tenant paid a termination fee equivalent to more than one year’s rent.
- Successfully opposed a retail anchor tenant’s motion to set aside default judgment and request for a stay of eviction in favor of the commercial landlord, enabling the landlord to quickly enter into a lease with a new tenant.
- Negotiated a successful settlement agreement on behalf of a regional REIT charged with a breach of lease by its tenant.
- Represented a commercial landlord’s interests in a dispute with a national retail anchor tenant regarding annual common area maintenance reconciliations.
Successfully obtained court issued prejudgment attachment liens upon real property owned by former tenants, prompting the successful early settlement of the action.
- Top Lawyer – Sacramento Magazine: 2016-2020
- Best of the Bar – Sacramento Business Journal:
- Member of the Year – CREW Sacramento: 2016
- Member – State Bar of California
- President - Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Sacramento: 2018 - Present
- Board of Directors – CREW Sacramento: 2015-2019
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law
- B.A., University of Colorado
IN THE NEWS
Below are the most recent articles published featuring, referencing, or celebrating this attorney.
REAL ESTATE BROKERS
Information Exchange for Sacramento area commercial real estate brokers
Stay informed with periodic bulletins