Hannah A. Shakin
Trusts and Estates
Hannah A. Shakin is an attorney in the Estate Planning Section of Trainor Fairbrook. Her legal practice has focused solely on estate planning, probate, trust administration, and conservatorships, since her years as a law student at Santa Clara University. During that time, Ms. Shakin interned at some of the Bay Area’s top estate planning firms. Ms. Shakin also clerked for the Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara, in the Probate Division.
Ms. Shakin’s practice is concentrated on the creation and development of highly tailored and comprehensive estate plans for estates of all sizes. This can include revocable and irrevocable trusts, wills, and powers of attorney, with a focus on minimizing estate, property, and income tax exposure. Ms. Shakin represents beneficiaries, trustees, and executors in complex trust and estate administration matters, including probate of wills and intestate estates, trust administration, will and trust contests, and resolution of beneficiary disputes. Ms. Shakin counsels clients on a broad range of fiduciary disputes.
Ms. Shakin is the Treasurer of the Sacramento County Bar Association, Probate and Estate Planning Law Section. Outside of the office, Ms. Shakin is an active member of the Active 20-30 Club of Greater Sacramento, and currently chairs the organizations Scholarship Committee.
- Rising Star – Northern California Super Lawyers:
- Top Lawyer- Estate Planning & Probate, Sacramento Magazine: 2019-2020
- Best of the Bar – Sacramento Business Journal: 2018
- Certified Legal Specialist – Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law – State Bar of California
- Member - State Bar of California
- Board Member - Sacramento Estate Planning Council
- Vice-Chair – Sacramento Bar Association, Probate and Estate Planning Law Section
- Member - Active 20-30 of Greater Sacramento #1032, 2016-Present
- Member - Kasner Estate Planning Symposium Planning Committee, 2013-Present
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.A., University of Colorado at Boulder
IN THE NEWS
Below are the most recent articles published featuring, referencing, or celebrating this attorney.
REAL ESTATE BROKERS
Information Exchange for Sacramento area commercial real estate brokers
Stay informed with periodic bulletins