DAVID W. CREEGGAN
Commercial Real Estate
David Creeggan is a shareholder of Trainor Fairbrook. Mr. Creeggan’s practice focuses on commercial real estate matters involving acquisitions, dispositions, tax-deferred exchanges, development, financing, commercial leasing for office, retail, industrial and agricultural properties, sale-leaseback transactions, title matters, easements, CC&Rs, and asset management. His clients, ranging from family-owned businesses to publicly traded companies, include commercial property owners, investors, developers, managers, brokers and receivers in various matters involving commercial real estate.
Mr. Creeggan is a frequent panelist and lecturer at seminars on the topics of purchase and sale agreements, commercial leasing, lease interpretation, duties and obligations of commercial brokers, commercial condominium conversion, lease enforcement and landlord-tenant related disputes. He has also authored several articles on the subject of commercial leasing issues.
- Represented prominent local developer in negotiation for disposition of land to big box retailer, requiring the preparation of complex joint development agreements and ancillary documents for compliance with governmental requirements.
- Represented owner in sale of connected retail power centers, including transfer and assumption of cross-collateralized CMBS financing.
- Represented owner/investor in disposition of investment property and acquisition of single tenant investment assets through 1031 exchange.
- Represented buyer in acquisition of medical office building for owner-user investment and occupation.
- Represented hotel developer in acquisition of land and entitlement for development and construction of hotel.
- Represented owner in disposition of light industrial center to major California utility provider.
- Represented developer of single tenant grocer-occupied properties in acquisition of land, development of centers and disposition of completed assets.
- Represented multiple owners, investors and developers in acquisition and disposition of office buildings, retail centers, industrial buildings and land.
- Represented owner/investor in disposition of 1,600+ acres of ranch land to environmental mitigation company.
- Represented both buyers and sellers in the negotiation and preparation of option contracts to acquire and dispose of land for future entitlement and development.
- Prepared and negotiated extensive amendment to CC&Rs governing the use of commercial parking facility and multi-million dollar profit-sharing agreements between landowner and neighboring user.
- Represented landowner in acquisition of all assets from racquet club and fitness center tenant following leasing dispute.
- Represented international banking corporation in sale of 331+ acres of REO property
- Negotiated ground lease with national fast food chain and facilitated resolution of significant use restrictions concerning the property and involving local government and neighboring business owners.
- Represented landlord in negotiation of restaurant lease requiring demolition of existing building, installation of updated common area facilities and construction of new building.
- Represented landlord in negotiation of ground lease for development of college dormitories and apartment use.
- Represented tenant in negotiation of ground lease for hotel development and use.
- Represented owner of medical office building in connection with all leasing activities.
- Represented developer in concurrent negotiation with three national restaurant tenants for leases to occupy space within building to be constructed at later date.
- Negotiated office, retail and industrial leases for landlords and tenants in excess of 1 million square feet.
- Represented landlord in negotiations for amendment, assignment and assumption of multiple leases in connection with sale of assets by national restaurant chain.
- Represented multiple owners and developers in connection with office building leases to the State of California in excess of 100,000 square feet.
- Represented national property management company in dispute with multiple national retail tenants involving use and maintenance of common area in large shopping center under CC&Rs.
- Represented national real estate investment trust in complex lawsuit involving a winery operator, an agricultural equipment lender, a court appointed receiver and issues with attempts to conceal assets through bankruptcy. Secured the winery property and obtained favorable six-figure settlement for our client.
- Represented owner/investor in disposition of car wash property and related business asset sales.
- Rated AV Preeminent – Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Lawyer Real Estate – Sacramento Magazine: 2015-2019
- Best of the Bar – Sacramento Business Journal:
- Super Lawyer – Northern California Super Lawyers: 2019
- Rising Star – Northern California Super Lawyers:
- Service Award – BOMA Sacramento: 2017
- Principal Member of the Year – BOMA Sacramento: 2013
- Member — State Bar of California, Real Property Section
- Board of Directors — Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Sacramento: 2011-Present
- Chair — Emerging Leaders Committee, BOMA Sacramento: 2011-2015
- Board of Directors — Association of Commercial Real Estate (ACRE) Sacramento: 2018-Present
- Member — Lambda Alpha International: 2018-Present
- Board of Directors — Make-A-Wish Northeastern & Central California and Northern Nevada: 2018-Present
- Chair — Sacramento Regional Council, Make-A-Wish: 2015-2018
- Council Member — Sacramento Regional Council, Make-A-Wish Foundation: 2013-2018
- Member — California Receiver’s Forum, Sacramento Valley Chapter: 2011-2014
- Comments Editor – Santa Clara Law Review: 2003-2004
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 2004
- B.A., Willamette University, 2000
IN THE NEWS
Below are the most recent articles published featuring, referencing, or celebrating this attorney.
REAL ESTATE BROKERS
Information Exchange for Sacramento area commercial real estate brokers
Stay informed with periodic bulletins