Colby A. Campbell
Colby A. Campbell is a shareholder with the law firm of Trainor Fairbrook. Her practice emphasizes real estate, taxation, business planning and estate planning. Ms. Campbell has particular experience in structuring new joint ventures and restructuring existing joint ventures to accommodate concerns relevant in the current economic environment. These include those involving personal liability and asset protection, additional funding through the infusion of new capital and the corresponding restructure of the partners’ economic relationship, creditor debt for equity swaps and a partner in bankruptcy or under other financial distress.
She also has extensive experience in business counseling, including the formation of corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and joint ventures. Ms. Campell's experience extends to the negotiation and documentation of general business arrangements. Ms. Campbell’s clientele includes commercial developers, commercial landlords and tenants and other buyers and sellers of developed and undeveloped real property.
- Chapter on Limited Partnerships in the Business Start-Up Manual, published by the California Continuing Education of the Bar
- Two chapters in Advising California Partnerships, published by the California Continuing Education of the Bar
- Coauthor of chapter on taxes in Forming and Operating California Limited Liability Companies, published by the California Continuing Education of the Bar.
- Coauthor of the article, “Income and Real Property Tax Consequences Associated with the Damage of Real Property,” published by the California Real Property Journal
- Northern California’s Best Lawyers – Best Lawyers in America, Business Organizations: 2016-2018
- Best of the Bar – Sacramento Business Journal:
- Top Lawyer – Sacramento Magazine: 2015-2018
- Member – State Bar of California,
Real Property Section
- Member – Association of Commercial Real Estate
- Board of Directors – Verge Center for the Arts
- Practice Consultant – Chapter on Limited Liability Companies in California Legal Forms, written by Matthew Bender
- Instructor – Course on “Ownership Vehicles for Real Property” for Business Owners and Managers Institute International
- LL.M., Taxation, Golden Gate University
- J.D., University of Santa Clara Law School
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
IN THE NEWS
Below are the most recent articles published featuring, referencing, or celebrating this attorney.
REAL ESTATE BROKERS
Information Exchange for Sacramento area commercial real estate brokers
Stay informed with periodic bulletins